Wednesday 30 November 2011

Breaking News - Garden update!!

THERE'S CATERPILLARS EATING MY BROCCOLI!!!   How dare they!!! I thought (naively) that slug and snail pellets fixed everything....It doesn't.  Stupid cabbage moths!!

My poor broccoli!

Some wee spiders have set up their spidy-cobs in there too!!

In happier news, i bought some spinach to plant in place of my failed spring onion crop!! I got to plant it today when Hubby got home to help amuse bubby, who it turned out was quite happy directing from his bumbo! 

My spinach!!

Director of gardening!!

A very Stern director! With a Gorgeous bottom lip!

My planted Spinaches!  They look a bit sad at the mo' but they'll perk up....i hope!

Totally posed picture!  Just to try and prove that i did it!

Tying my beans to the poles (ones already snapped, damn wind!)

The director is pleased with my work :)

He's also stuck in his bumbo!! Bahahaha!

Me and my Baby!!

 Did i mention that my corns are growing and my first tomato has appeared!!  Proud as punch i am!!  I cant wait to put the tomato in my salad with my lettuce! (Which is very tasty by the way!)

My wee Tomato!!!

My growing corns!!

In other news, my babies hair has fallen out all over the back of his head! (Its all on his bed sheet where he rubs it!)  In it's place is some fuzzy hair that looks nothing like the beautiful locks left on the top/front/and frontsides (that's totally a word, you know, its the very front bits around the ears!).  It's kinda cute but kinda sad, but whats sadder is that the long bits are getting stuck in his gammy eye (the one with the blocked lacrymal duct) (totally made that spelling up too!) (Im using a lot of brackets in this post).  Anywho, so now im going to have to trim the long bits and that thought makes me want to cry!!  I dont want my baby to have a haircut yet!! In my mind that makes him a grown up already!!

The long bits!!

Yes...he's eating the flannel!

It's looking more and more like Donald Trump every day, but infinitely more gorgeous!!

Did i mention (random i know!) story time has taken up residence in our home!!  I think i love it more than Lachy does but that's ok, he'll get used to it too!!  Gotta love Hairy Maclary!!

More interested in daddy with the camera!!

Scarface Claw catches his attention!

And here's a random family squishy photo, and  i mean squishy photo cause Lachy was in the front pack and got a wee bit mooshed!!

He was smiling on the inside i promise!!

Anywho, that's enough random news for my garden post! Im off to bed!!  Tomorrow is December people!!!  I need to find a christmas tree!!!

Toodles!!

1 comment:

  1. Bawhahaw! that last photo is priceless!!! And i have definite garden envy, it's a long time till we get to watch things grow in canada....

    ReplyDelete