Saturday 7 July 2012

A Garden Again!!

So i'm not sure if iv even mentioned that we moved house about a month ago??  We found a bigger house in a nice wee area that's a bit closer to work for both of us, so we're pretty happy with it!  One problem we encountered though, was how the heck to move my planters from the old place!!  (I still have no idea how we're going to do it!)  And so i'v been a month without a garden of any sort!

Yesterday all that changed with my wonderful sister arrived armed with half barrels and a trailer full of dirt!!  Me and Hubby went on a wee garden spree and bought a couple of planter bags and some plants and compost and this weekend a garden was made!! (How poetic!)


We've finally fulfilled our dream of planting a fruit tree, and now have a mandarin tree and two feijoa trees in large planters!!  (In a few years time this will be awesome!!)
We have two smaller planters with strawberry plants in them, cause lets face it, you can never have too many strawberry plants!

Why yes, i am gardening in my pj's....don't you??


In my first planter bag is my broccoli, and in the second bag is my lettuce plants!! I decided to start the lettuce and broccoli  as plants instead of seeds just because of the cold (In spite of my beautiful sunny day photos it has actually been freezing cold!!) and i don't really have time to be transplanting vege's, and Lachy was just the hugest help flattening them into their places :)



I had two big planter barrels left over for planting Carrot seeds!!  I'v never attempted carrots before so im very excited to plant them!!  Iv even set up some string so that i know where they're growing and don't accidentally weed them out!!  Feeling pretty crafty!!




So now i have gardens!!  Yay!!  And as soon as i figure out how to move my planter boxes il do that too, until then i hope the landlords there enjoy spinach and silverbeet!!  




And just for cuteness sake, here is my boy and his lemons....







Toodles!!  :)

'Live for a Life without Regret'

No comments:

Post a Comment