Monday 14 October 2013

I got my hands did!!

Wahoo!  Thanks to a short gap on a surgical wait list i finally got myself onto an operating table!!  Excitement much!!!

Goodbye Carpal Tunnel issues!!!

After such a long wait, each wrist only took 3 minutes to cut (the surgeons daily record!), i was in the room for maybe 30 mins, and i was home by 5pm (Local anaesthetic only!)!!

Aiming for an evil 'contemplating taking over the world' pose.....Fail (but i had to keep my hands elevated for 48 hours, so there ya go)


About half an hour after this pic was taken i was back to ED after my body decided to disagree with one of my pain medications.  We probably could've been home again fairly soon, but then i decided to disagree with another of the medications i was given! (Not serious disagreements, mind...  Just enough for the gloves on the wall to start marching places)

And so this is 4 days later, during an impromptu dressing change (aka i was nosy)

Right hand

Left hand


Just a teensy bit of swelling (I have naturally fat hands) and bruising....And maybe it currently hurts like feck....maybe.

So now i'm oh so hopeful that these wee cuts will mean the start of some pain free years!!

(The next post will not contain images of flesh cuts, i promise!!)

Renee  :)

'Not all who wander are lost'

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I hope you heal well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm healing really quickly so i'm stoked!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! I had no idea surgery for carpal tunnel was done on the palm of the hands. I thought surgery would be on the wrists. Learned something new today. Hope you start feeling better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i thought so too!lol, i had to do a bit of googling before i went in!

      Delete
  3. Atlanta Property Management Got Our Home will qualify you and determine the likelihood of you getting a mortgage loan down the road and provides quality house rentals for tenants that want to own their own home.

    ReplyDelete