Wednesday 27 January 2016

In the Kitchen - Energy Bites!


So usually, there isn't all that much going on in my kitchen!  I have an abundance of tasty deliciousness recipes spread across several different Pinterest boards, but I've recently discovered that pinning them doesn't make them magically appear on my table!! (Which would also explain why my wardrobe is still outdated and non-matching)

So I guess it's time to get adventurous in the kitchen!  I started out with what looked like an easy recipe, with basic ingredients for a lite snack for my little delights, aka afternoon terrors (Recipe from The Purposeful Mom )
I'd like to start by informing anyone who'll listen that I cannot stand peanut butter.  The taste, the texture...none of it is pleasant.  But here I am, being all grown up and adventurous....


Easy No Bake Energy Bites

(via The Purposeful Mom)

So I used...

3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
1 cup ground flaxseed (I used this flaxseed blend)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
2/3 cup honey

And i did...

Stir everything together in a bowl.  I ended up using my hands as suggested in the recipe.  Cover and refrigerate for about 30 mins.  Roll into balls then place in an airtight container, and if your trapped in the same hideous humidity that we are, keep those tasty bites in the fridge!! 
Apparently this recipe makes between 25 - 40 balls...I have no idea how many mine actually made, cause the darn things kept disappearing...carried off by ants, no doubt...


 I have to add, this recipe took about 5 minutes to mix, and about 5 minutes to roll into balls after it was chilled.  Anything that I can do while the baby's asleep and the kids are distracted gets extra brownie points in my books!! (In fact it's probably an ideal recipe for the little wilds to help with if you're game!)


I think, in spite of the whole peanut butter thing ... We'll call these a success!!   ... and maybe ... just maybe peanut butter is OK ... ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment