Thursday 12 April 2012

Fun in the Sun/The cake part 2

We're gunna ignore the fact that this was sposed to be posted however many weeks ago (you know, at the actually weekend in the pics) and just carry on like it happened this weekend just gone!!  

Any who, this is just one large photo dump of monkey bum!!  Trying to help daddy mow the lawns, at the park, and my second attempt at Lachys birthday cake!!

Looking for Daddy

Found him!! 'Look Daddy i'm helping!!'


'Why isn't mine making that noise??'

Taking a breather

At the park!! 'Check me out on the jungle gym dad!!'
Checking out the other kids hat  

Yay, slide!!



Wahoo, new car!!


'I eat the car...om nom nom!'

Slide again!!




Ooops, possibly let go too soon!

And now because i know your all waiting for a good laugh after my first disaster, here is

 Cake number 2

Much improved on the last one for sure!!!

And the icing was AWESOME!!! Marshmallow fondant found here!!
 
This fondant was just like the real stuff! (not that i have even touched the other stuff in the cake icing process)  The finished product was alot closer to what i hope to achieve for monkeys birthday, i'm sure with a bit more time and practice il get it perfect!!...(my idea of perfect may be slightly warped)

Going, going....

Gone!  Off to the land of nod!!
This is the first time monkey's ever fallen asleep in his high chair (i think, my memories not the most reliable though!) His day was obviously far too exciting!! (I know the feeling, i really do!)

Anyway! Its well past my bedtime now, so im off!!


Toodles!!  :)

'Live for a Life without Regret'

4 comments:

  1. Your cake's so cute! I've never used fondant before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake turned out great! Practice makes perfect i guess, a good reason to eat more cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear god that sweater vest kills me! So cute! Your cake is amazing. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I tried to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lachlan falling asleep eating is the cutest thing ever hahah.

    By the way, thanks for the comment on my blog, I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete