Tuesday 17 April 2012

The joy of pregnancy!

I want to do a blog post, i really do!!  But looking at my computer screen is not really working for me right now!!  I'd always remembered what a miserable time i had with my last pregnancy, but somehow figured that this one would be different....It's not.

The constant debilitating nausea is the same.  The constant heartburn is the same.  The dizzy spells are the same.  The strong smells that make me gag are also the same. That constant urge to sleep is the same too.  The constant headache is new...

Ginger beer/tea, dry crackers/toast, sleep, sea sick bands, fresh air, stewed apple, chicken soup, vitamins, homeopathic remedies...i'v tried them all with varying degrees of success.  (Any other suggestions?)  Now im trying to function like a normal person and it's interesting to say the least.

I eat toast every 2 hours, drink ginger beer and take anti-nausea medication whenever im totally desperate and pray that im actually further along than i think and this part will all be ending soon...dreams are free!

I know i shouldnt be moaning, but pregnancy and me just dont mesh well!  We never have!  Even once the 1st trimester has past with all its manky horrors, i find even more surprises waiting for me in the 2nd and 3rd!!  (i do try to keep in mind that somewhere at the end of 40 odd weeks i'l have another beautiful wee bubba who will make it all worth it!!)

These are my feet at 35 weeks with Lachy.  I couldnt even get jandals on.

So if my posts are few and far between, it's just cause i'v spewed on my computer and fried it i cant stand looking at the screen for too long at the mo!

Anywho, il stop my wee pity party now and go have a nap (yes, 10.20am is a good time for a nap)
I Will be back!! 


Toodles!!  :)

'Live for a Life without Regret'

6 comments:

  1. Do y'all have Spaghettios down there? For some reason I could always manage to eat Spaghettios, no matter how sick I was. And Sour Patch Kids candy. Really, any sour, citrus-y candy is good. So sorry you're so sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I felt the same way the my first, and half of the second, trimester. I kept wondering how in the world I could have forgotten just how much throwing up a person can stand. It gets better :) Your feet!!! Oh man, I hope that doesn't happen to you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS, I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations, swollen feet and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have missed your last post about expecting!! Congrats girl!! I hope things get easier for you this time around

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been quite blessed with my pregnancy soo far however when I do feel a bit yuck I find that ginger biscuits or refreshers fizzy sweets help with any sickness or heartburn that I have xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do hope you start feeling better! My first pregnancy made me think pregnancy was just all glowing and roses. Then my second pregnancy was quite a bit harder, and this one has been the worst yet (not so much sickness as emotional stuff). I'm trying to remember, though, that it could still all turn around!

    ReplyDelete