Tuesday 4 September 2012

Pinterest....Nailed it....My way!

In case you all thought my Pinterest addiction had subsided, i thought i should reassure you good folk that it hasn't!  Iv been slowly stockpiling crafts (or amassing like an avalanche of epic proportions...you know, whatever you want to call it!) that i want to make/try, and have even been making the odd Pin to cross off the ole 40 before 40! 

Today, stuck at home sick with an even sicker toddler i figured hey, let's show the world how crafty i think i am!!  So here's my versions of a few Pinterest crafts that didn't fail epically!!
(I did mention that they were my versions right??)

First up is '52 Reasons'

source

My Version



 Made for Hubby's birthday!  I love the way it turned out, even though it took a lot more effort than i anticipated! (They look so damn easy on Pinterest!)


 Next up 'The dog box'


Source

My Version


Totally made the cushion too!lol!  It's a simplified copy, and i didn't make a name plate for it, but she still liked it! (And dont worry bout me cutting bits of wood, Hubby does that bit for me!)


'The Menu Board' was next

Source

My Version




Since i've already done a post on this i'm just repeating myself really, but i'm still loving the Menu board!! So long as we're being good it's doing wonders for our budget (and health too i s'pose!)  Please note i had a few different inspirations for my menu board, this was just the first one i ever found!


Then there was my fav' 'The Drawers'


Source

My Version



Please note, i Did Not make the drawers, i simply (bahahaha, simply, pffft!) remodeled them!!  And i must say, i'm jolly pleased with the outcome!!  So is Lachy! (Especially with the colorful drawer knobs!)  I know this is quite different, but it was more the named drawers that i liked, and i can't stand the thought of Lachy and chalkboards just yet (duck bumps!!)


And lastly (for now) 'The Plane Mobile'

Source

My Version



Did i mention that we're on an excessively tight budget at the mo'? (Or always) Who knew toy planes could cost so much!  So i know, it looks nothing like the Pinterest version, but it's still a mobile with planes on it (Thank goodness for the $2 shop) and Lachy just thinks it's the Best thing Ever!!

So that's my lot for now, hopefully next month i can regale you all with more tales of craftiness (or close to) from my 'Nailed it' section!!


Toodles!!  :)

'Live for a Life without Regret'

3 comments:

  1. I really like the plane mobile! I think I'm going to have to make one for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are crazy creative! I pin a lot, but haven't actually tackled a lot, like you. Way to go! I love your version on everything!

    ReplyDelete