Monday 25 February 2013

The ACV Experiment!

Introducing my next experiment!!  I Love Experiments!!  (Especially if there's a potential for a close up pic...*huge.amount.of.sarcasm*)

Unpasteurized DYC Apple Cider Vinegar
 
Acne, acid reflux, dandruff, obesity, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue syndrome, sunburn, yeast infections, pneumonia, allergies, warts, fleas, dirty toilets.
This is just a small list of ailments, that have reportedly been cured, for centuries, by Apple Cider Vinegar!(ACV) (sounds like the beginnings of a bad high school essay!)

Anywho!!  Looks like a challenge to me...

Challenge accepted!!

I'm going to pick 4 things that are doable options for me, and i'm going to trial them for a maximum of 1 month! So i don't bore anyone with constant close ups of me or the kitchen sink every week, il just do small updates each week with before and after pics at the end of the 4th week, and i'l introduce a new one each week!

Week 1 - The Toner

Love this little bottle!

Yup, i'm sure we've all noticed by now that i have a real complex about my skin! Now that i have the cleansing and moisturizing under control, it's time to move on to the Toner!!

With it's awesome antiseptic and antibacterial properties, unpasteurized ACV also has the perfect pH to balance your skin, therefore making it an ideal toner....Reeeeeaaallly....

After reading a few reports about the stinging/burning/redness/hideous odor, i started to think that maybe this wasn't the best challenge to start with (and my loo really could use a heavy duty clean), but then i remembered that i'm s'posed to be this hard core experimentee, and off i went to the kitchen cupboard!

*I'd like to stop here with a word of warning to anyone keen to follow in my footsteps. Don't open the bottle and take a good whiff with the expectation of being pleasantly surprised. You wont be. No one likes this smell. No one*

I mixed up a ratio of about 1 part ACV to 3 parts water, just because i've got pretty hardy skin, and after washing the Evoo off this morning, i slathered on the ACV Toner before moisturizing.
I'm not really sure about whether i'm doing this right. Some folk say wash it off after applying, some say wash it off after an hour. I decided to join the 'don't-care-if-i-smell' crew and just left it on there to keep my moisturizer company! I'm pleased to report that my face is still intact, with no burns or even mild redness anywhere to be seen. What i have noticed is that my skin felt nice and fresh and smooth, and only stunk for about an hour (that i noticed, anyway).

So that's all i have to report for this one! Next week, i'l introduce the second challenge and do a quick update on this one too, so stay tuned.....



Renee  :)

'Not all who wander are lost'

1 comment:

  1. Just a heads up with ACV you want it with what's called the "mother" .. it's like a cloudy substance in it that holds all the good stuff! I stock it if you want to see what I mean... I love it.. have a glass of it i water each morning

    ReplyDelete