Monday 2 January 2012

"Run Forrest Run!!"

So my blog is going to go for a wee overhaul soonish (like when Hubby has time to fix my fumblings on here!)! I want to start blogging a bit more about Running!! Yup!! I RUN!! Albeit slowly (im suprised no ones pulled over and offered to call me an ambulance really!), but any running is still running!!

Source

The same friend who gave me a boot up the bum to get healthy has given me The Bug!!  If you noticed my wee addition of the Weighty Run section on my blog, you'll see that she's already encouraged/goaded me into a few shorties, but now....Dun dun duuuh....I'm in training for a Marathon!!
Now, dont get me wrong, im nowhere near ready for a marathon at the mo, and i'm not planning to attempt one til next year!!  I'm currently just working on technique and building up strength and stamina, which is a slow but satisfying task that will pay off in the long run!!

Source

So The Training!!

We're currently modifying this 10 week training programme
to make it fit for a half, but i'm still not sure if i'm up for the challenge!!  After discussing, googling and bloggy stalking about it, i'v discovered that it's not just a physical thing, it's also a mental thing!!  If your not in the mind set needed for that kind of run, it's just not going to work!!  So tomorrow i'v convinced Hubby to walk 22km with me, just a casual walk, so that i can get a feel for just how long a distance it is!!  Crazy much??  Yup!  But i want the challenge!!  This is the start of an adventure and im going to see it through til the end!!  Whether or not i decide to do the 1/2 or 1/4 in March, the bottom line is that i will eventually run a Full Marathon,  No matter what!!



So check in tomorrow to see how our wee walk has gone, and what i've concluded about my run in March!!  Feel free to share any advice you may have about the whole Running thing!!  I'l take any help  can get!!  Right, i'm off to see if i can rearrange my blog without Hubby's help!!....If my blog suddenly disappears off the radar you know why!!


Toodles!!  :)

"Live for a Life without Regret"

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love that poster about what I feel like and what I probably look like when I run, so cute! Good luck with the running! That is so hard for me, I guess I'd just have to work my way up to running for more than 5 minutes, ha! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, as someone whose starting to run, I LOVE the pics you posted and saved them in my pics folder!

    Oh and thank you for commenting on my blog posts!

    I'm so sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, just been busy with the holidays and thank you for pointing out the comment box...I'm still updating my blog but am using the Blogger template design so hopefully it'll work.

    Hope your new Year is off to a good start! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you, good luck and way to go!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried a couple times to run (like running consistently not like literally running just a couple times) and I just can't do it. I'm attempting to get off my butt and walk more though. Not all that tempting when its -25 but we haven't got that cold yet so I guess that's not really an excuse.
    Go Renee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for the comment! :)
    Congrats on the half! That's a great way to start off the year!!! And I love the "what i'm pretty sure I actually look like" poster!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your training! That is exciting! I love the "what I'm pretty sure I actually look like" picture and I crack up every time I see it, then I feel bad for laughing. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Jilian quote! I love running, I've taken a hiatus lately, but my resolution is to start back. The hardest part about training is getting your butt to do it... but remember you'll never regret doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for running! i am trying to run more this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all three of those pics! The one with the little girl makes me laugh every single time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE running (minus the injuries). It's the best stress reliever out there! Good luck in your training! And good for you to NOT put too much pressure on yourself- that's when something you love, becomes something you hate!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete