Sunday 21 April 2013

The honesty box - random facts of me!

Here are some random facts about me that you probably don't need to know...just cause!

Hairdressing certificates - Check!  I can cut/colour/perm/foil and finger-wave, but i hate doing my own hair.  I have one style, called the knotted mess, and i only own a hairbrush for show.

#  I'm afraid of the dark.  I have to have a light left on in the house at night for when i get up (well, even if i didn't have to get up really).

I'm a 'Churchless' Christian.  For now, i find God in the everyday things, like my family, my garden, the beautiful things i'm blessed to have around me!   (please don't think i'm opposed to church, it's just not right for me right at this moment!)

# I have an addiction to beads.

#   I had my hair done in dreadlocks when i was 21.  Loved them!!  Was too much work trying to keep my fine hair matted though, so i cut them off, and gave myself a pixie cut!!

#   I've never broken a single bone in my body.  No plans to do so either.  Cause i totally have control over things like that.

#  I caught an octopus once while fishing.  I didn't know what i'd caught til it climbed up my line and tried to join us in the boat.  I hate Octopus Octopi??  many-legged beasties now.

# I don't own a skirt.  Or heels of any sort.

Some people have potted Pansies and Gerberas around their homes.  We have Carnivorous plants.   You know, like The Little Shop of Horrors except our plants aren't that big.  And they don't talk.  Or eat people.  Just the occasional fly that lands in the wrong spot.

If you couldn't tell from my afro/darker skin/ island good looks/ brown eyes, half my family are from Fiji.  Fijian-Indian to be precise.  I think there's also some Norwegian in there too, and a few other things.  Definitely a Kiwi!!


Renee  :)

'Not all who wander are lost'

4 comments:

  1. Nice to learn a bit more about you! I'm off to the hairdressers this week. I'm sporting the knotted mess at the moment! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Wish we live close so you can do my hair! I also don't go to church much. We still have yet to find one that we feel comfortable going to. It was neat to know a bit about your roots/race.

    I have been wanting to do a post similar to yours but other things come up and I forget. Maybe I'll get to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading these facts about you!! I’m afraid of the dark too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is your mum from Fiji or your Dad? So cool meeting someone in blogland with a similar genetic make up! And a nurse too...this is spooky!

    ReplyDelete